Built in the late 1890’s, Prince Regent House began life as the Prince Regent Hotel.
Whilst the history of the building is sketchy, it is thought to have been de-licensed around 1927. In the years following the hotel has been a grain and feed store and in more recent years a private residence to a number of Ballarat families.
Brian and Maree Harrison purchased the Prince Regent Hotel in 2005, establishing Harrison Funerals and renaming the building Prince Regent House. While the main building externally remains unchanged, construction of a garage and mortuary were completed in 2005. The following year saw the installation of a glass entrance foyer along side the main chapel. In 2009 the extension of Prince Regent House Chapel and catering lounge saw the renovation complete.
Caring & empathetic guidance
Personalised funeral service